JAFWA has a separate Event afternoon running in the same hall from 12:45 to 4:15. It is make your own fun, but we suspect some people have indicated they will be bringing semi-automatic nerf weaponry, mahjong, video games and even sewing. Try making a Cosplay costume for the evening.
After the Event Afternoon, the tentative JAFWA program for Saturday 30th June 2012 is below. To be held in the Collins Street Community Center on Collins Street just off Canning Highway in South Perth.
Things of Note:
1) Movie Night! Tahnks to Madman. Get your Haruhi cosplay ready to give you Free entry.
You could use the Event afternoon before-hand to finish preparing.
2) JAFWA’s AGM will be held during the afternoon of August 25. After which you shall obey your new overlords.
3) Remember to rug up, as our Hall does not have a lot of heating.
Dale’s Suggestive Remarks, based on suggestion sheets handed in at JAFWA:
There was a suggestion from Nicole Roberts on 26/5/12 with the topic Profile Awareness @ Supernova that the JAFWA committee did not manage to implement. It was a good Suggestion though::
For someone (Meaning Lealan!!) to go around Supernova as a freelance photographer to take photos of cosplayers
while they hold JAFWA signage.
They can then be given a card with JAFWA website details to go on to so they can download their photos (for free).
They will then post their photos onto Facebook etc, which will increase the profile further.
* This is to raise the JAFWA profile
* Increase Traffic to web-site
And a humungous suggestion from Thomson Hau Tan Chow originally written on 09-06-2012 on the topic
Comments and Suggestions:
1. ‘Working!! II’: Oh, it is great! It’s hilarious! & it’s so sad that it has ended again so soon! I recommend another comedy to take its place but I don’t have a candidate on hand.
2. ‘ Pirates’: well, it reminds me of ‘Martian Successor: Nadesico”, which is directed by the same director! However, may be because I have only watched a couple of episodes (& not in cosistent) I have a feeling that it is less shocking & less hilarious than ‘Nadesico’.
Suggestions on the theme nights in future:
1. Sports Night: In addition to ‘Slam Dunk’ in my last suggestion, maybe we can include some anime in recent seasons as there are at least one for soccer & one for basketball.
2. ‘Fighting’ Night: 1. Street Fighter II (the one in 1990s), 2. ‘Ben-tou’, 3. Sengoku Basara (we can use it in Samurai Night as well), 4. Ruroni Kenshin (or something like it).
more comments on anime
1. ‘Accel World’ & ‘Dusk Maiden of Amnesia’:
For ‘Accel’, good starting point but I doubt it will be innovative enough.
For ‘Dusk Maiden’, old idea made new but good. Just one thing: is it comedic or horror? Or should I call it ‘sexy’ & ‘Fanservice’? I have no clue.
Both of them are good anime, though.
2. ‘Zero no Tsukaima F’: for the sake of showing the end of the story I still think that we should keep it in the program even the story side tracked quite often.
3. ‘Index II’: don’t be fooled by the fanservice, the story will get very serious later. I suggest we keep it.
We can but hope that a 3rd series of “Working” will occur. While I had not known about the director of ‘Mouretsu Pirates”, be aware that it is based off of a light novel series called “Mini-skirts Pirates” and is intended to be somewhat more serious (as in more drama/slice of future life than hilarious comedy) than “Martian Successor: Nadesico”.
As for the theme nights, I will leave that up to our new JAFWA over-lords that we just elected in. However, since food gets you heading towards my heart, I am in favour of a fighting show like ‘Ben-to’, and I am curious about what I am hearing of some new ‘Ruroni Kenshin’ anime being produced. As part of fighting anime, perhaps you should also consider “Accel World”.
It may be an old adage, but it is generally true. Almost every good idea has been thought of already, and any new good ideas will be merely a tweak on top of old favourites, as you suggest ‘Dusk Maiden’ is. You know the so-called IP laws are bad for innovation when they make prevent you from standing upon the shoulders of giants.
Still, who else is with me when we say JAFWA must show more “Dusk Maiden of Amnesia”?
The story with “Zero no Tsukaima F” is almost embarrassing. A few months ago the JAFWA committee were contemplating the end of “[c]“, so we put a place holder in the program for June, and then we read a Suggestion sheet mention “Zero”, so it was tentatively put in the place holder and we sort of missed revising that place holder over the next couple of months. My excuse was that there were so many good shows coming out of Japan lately that we got distracted. We haven’t even had a chance to preview all the cool sounding anime titles from last season – http://randomc.net/2012/03/29/spring-2012-preview, and now the Japanese Summer season has begun.
All items in the original Japanese language with English subtitles
|5:15pm||Mouretsu Pirates||Ep 8/26|
|5:40pm||Fairy Tail||Ep 63/?||(v)|
|6:05pm||Nodame Cantabile: Paris||Ep 11/11||(final)|
|7:15pm||door prize drawing, and announcements|
|7:30pm||Tiger and Bunny||Ep 15/25||(v)|
|7:55pm||The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi||Movie|
|JAFWA Doors Open:||~4:55 PM|
|Program Finishes:||~10:45 PM|