JAFWA has a separate Event afternoon running in the same hall from 12:45 to 4:15. It is make your own fun, but we suspect some people have indicated they will be bringing semi-automatic nerf weaponry, mahjong, video games and even sewing. Try making a Cosplay costume for the evening.
After the Event Afternoon, the tentative JAFWA program for Saturday 26th May 2012 is below. To be held in the Collins Street Community Center on Collins Street just off Canning Highway in South Perth.
Things of Note:
1) Movie Night! We have a recent Lupin III telemovie. Remember that it is Free Entry for appropriate Cosplay.
2) JAFWA elections coming in June, we need nominees. You need to be a current member to vote or nominate.
3) Bean Polls can be confusing. The Bean Poll held on May 12 asked whether we should remove any of the 5 minute shows before and after the Dinner Break. 7 people said No, keep both. 7 people said remove the pre-Dinner Break show. 5 people said remove the post-Dinner Break show. 11 people said remove both. Depending on matrix manipulation, you can say that 18 people wanted the pre-dinner Break item removed while 12 said keep it, or 16 people said remove the post-Dinner Break item while 14 said keep it.
In the end, we removed both shows.
4) Last week’s Bean Poll was whether we should keep “A Certain Magical index II” in the program. Of the 18 people who bothered to vote, 9 were in favour, 9 against. And less than 9 people stayed around till the end of the night to watch it.
Dale’s Suggestive Remarks, based on suggestion sheets handed in at JAFWA:
A suggestion by Alicia from 12-5-2012 on the topic program:
Could you put Tiger and Bunny on earlier in the program?
The short answer is Yes.
The long answer points out the difficulty in assigning at what point in the night every regular item should be set. We do try and put the more adult themed material towards the end of the night, the kiddy friendly stuff towards the beginning. But we do make mistakes. Last year when we were screening “Nodame Cantabile” we put it before the Dinner Break, but a few episodes started demonstrating some more adult themes, so this year we put the second season Paris chapter after the Dinner Break. Likewise last year the series “Blood C” started off looking like it was just suitable for younger audiences so was assigned just before the Late Break, but a few episodes in the content changed so we re-assigned it to after the Late Break.
With this year’s line-up, we were hoping to attract more of the female demographic to JAFWA, so we biased shows that seemed more appealing to the younger female demographic earlier in the night. The show ‘No.6′ was put in mainly because of an overwhelming request onslaught by young ladies. So we had programs that were suitable for before the Dinner Break, Before the Late Break, at the end of the night, and then we had to fit “Tiger and Bunny” into whatever room was left over. I would have liked to put it on before the Late Break, perhaps once ‘No.6′ finishes.
But until then, it looks like we may have to say Sorry.
And a suggestion from Thomson Hau Yan Chow on 12-05-2012 with the topic Comments & Suggestion:
1. ‘Tiger & Bunny’ is cool. I suggest to keep it.
2. Ano Natsu de Matteru: Surprisingly good. As expected from some staffs who created ‘Idex’ series (& probably ‘Akira’ and ‘Honey & Clover’, too).
3. Next theme night: possible titles:
1. sport (how about ‘Slam Dunk!’)
2. Detective (there are still more ‘Conan’ coming I guess?)
1. We were going to keep Tiger and Bunny anyway, though we are beginning to look at moving it earlier in the program. Still waiting for Siren to bring out the DVDs.
2. I have not yet checked the production staff to see what else they had worked on. I must confess I saw similarities to “Onegai Teacher”. Let us hope that later episodes continue to impress.
3. Theme night?! I keep forgetting about those. We probably should schedule another one. Thanks for the reminder.
“Slam Dunk” is such an old anime, why not ask for “Touch” or “Captain Tsubasa”? But then again what do you consider inside the genre of sport? JAFWA once screened the “Hikaru no Go” series about the board game Go and promoted it as a sport anime, though I am not entirely certain it counted.
And never fear, “Great Detective Conan” is till going strong in Japan, every week solving another murder while never aging. Must look into seeing when JAFWA can get the latest Conan movie. But there is more to detectives than Great Detective Conan (but are there any murder mysteries left over? Most of Tokyo should have been depopulated it seems). Did you not enjoy “Gosick” when JAFWA screened it last year. And I want to see more Kindaichi.
All items in the original Japanese language with English subtitles
|5:15pm||Working!! season 2||Ep 12/13|
|5:40pm||Mouretsu Pirates||Ep 5/26|
|6:05pm||Fairy Tail||Ep 60/?||(v)|
|7:15pm||door prize drawing, and announcements|
|7:30pm||Space Brothers||Ep 1||(preview)|
|7:55pm||Lupin III: Blood Seal – Eternal Mermaid||Movie|
|9:35pm||Tiger and Bunny||Ep 12/25||(v)|
|10:00pm||Jormangand||Ep 1||(V) (preview)|
|10:25pm||A Certain Magical Index II||Ep 9/24||(vn)|
|JAFWA Doors Open:||~4:55 PM|
|Program Finishes:||~11:00 PM|